A persuasive essay is a challenging task for most students, because it requires imagining being a lawyer and standing “for” or “against” a case. The task is to convince the reader using the best arguments. This kind of an assignment requires solid understanding of a situation, good research, and considering biases. Students should also prove that the opposing point of view is unsound.
Before you start writing your paper, study the list of steps you should take to create a good essay no matter what topic you come up with. These steps are helpful when you are looking for an essay topic.
- Choose your position. tlc chromatography lab report.
- Think about your target audience. The readers should accept your point of view, so the more you know about them, the better argumentation you can provide.
- Take your time and research the situation you want to discuss. Choose the sources, study them carefully, and take notes. You will find many ideas, and one of them might become your research topic.
- Determine the best argument and the key counterarguments.
Once you have understood how to write the essay, use the ideas below to compose a good persuasive essay topic.
Current situations in the country always provides many topics for a persuasive essay, such as:
- Medical insurance: the right of every individual.
- Street violence: who is responsible?
- Pros and cons of early marriage.
- Foreign languages: should students learn three foreign languages at school?
Many controversial questions disturb students. Some of them can become great topics for a persuasive essay.
- How much homework is enough?
- Why should students wear uniforms?
- School shooting: how can this happen?
- What are the pros of online dating?
Interesting and somehow funny topics are a good choice if you are confident about your supervisor’s sense of humor. However, do not forget that this is a formal school paper.
- Should celebrities become examples to follow?
- Are supernatural creatures real?
- How can people find life on Mars?
- Why don’t aliens contact humans?
Technologies and Innovations
It is always interesting to study topics related to modern development. Many great inventions make people’s lives easier and more comfortable. However, there is always a price to pay – is it too high a cost?
- Is nuclear technology safe for people?
- Do people need more weapons to protect peace?
- What is the real price of space technologies for the taxpayers?
- Do governments need to stick to sustainable development goals?